Properly paying your Employees is a top priority. Within FieldClock, a Payroll Batch represents a collection of Employee Payouts over a given date range.
When a Payroll Batch is created, FieldClock will include all payouts from finalized Jobs that have not already been included in another Payroll Batch.
To create a new Payroll Batch, first login to the Admin site and click the “Payroll” button from your left-hand navigation menu. Then, click the green “Create new batch” button in the upper right-hand side of your screen.
- First, select the Payroll Entity that you’d like to create a Payroll Batch for
- Then, specify the “From Date” and “To Date” that encompass the date range of payouts you wish to include. The dates are inclusive and will include payouts that fall on or between the “From” and “To” dates
- If you’d like to generate a Payroll Batch for a specific group of Employees, the following options are available:
- Selecting one or more “Wage Programs” will include all Employees that are a part of those Wage Programs and exclude everyone else
- Selecting one or more “Ranches” will include all Employees that had active time at the specified Ranches; in other words, Employees who worked at the specified Ranches
- “Employees” can be used to specify individual Employees to include in your Batch
Once you've specified all of your Payroll Batch filters, click the "Preview" button to generate a preview for your Batch. The preview holds all payouts except automatic piecework break pay, which is always calculated and added upon actual Payroll Batch creation - and is not included in Preview Batches.
If you'd like to generate the actual Payroll Batch, click the "Create Payroll Batch" button. It’s important to note that Payroll Batches cannot be undone. Once they’re created, they’re set in stone, meaning any changes must happen in the Batch file itself or within your Payroll software.
Payroll Batches makes manual data entry a thing of the past while also providing you with more control over your data.