A minimum-wage is the lowest hourly wage an Employee will earn over a period of time. If an Employee doesn’t earn this minimum-wage, a minimum-wage adjustment can be configured to kick-in to bring that Employee’s earnings up to their minimum-wage.
- The ‘Minimum Wage Period’ option describes the period over which you need minimum wages to be calculated:
- ‘None’ means minimum wage adjustments will not be created. The Minimum Rate will still be used for hourly job configurations but adjustments will not be created at piecework jobs.
- ‘By Job’ means minimum wage adjustments will be created at each piecework job where the job pay does not meet the minimum wage requirements
- ‘By Workday’ means minimum wage adjustments will be created for each individual workday where the workday’s total pay does not meet minimum wage requirements
- ‘By Workweek’ means minimum wage adjustments will be created for each workweek where the workweek’s total pay does not meet minimum wage requirements
- The ‘Rate’ input is where you actually specify your minimum wage, or the lowest hourly rate to use when calculating Employee payouts
- Our ‘First Day of Week’ option at the bottom of the form allows you to specify which day of the week your workweek starts on for the ‘By Workweek’ calculation
With FieldClock’s Minimum-wage functionality, making sure your Employees earn at least minimum wage is easy. Simply configure FieldClock to do it all for you - no more manual calculations!