Creating employees in bulk is quick and easy in FieldClock. Our Employee Import functionality allows you to upload a simple CSV with employee data such as their name, payroll code, badge ID, phone number, and hourly rate along with other information.
To Import Employees, first login to the Admin site and click the “Employees” button from your left-hand navigation menu. Next, click the “Import Employees” button on the right-hand side of your screen.
- First, select the “ Wage Program” that you’d like to assign your Employees to. Each employee must be assigned to a single Wage Program.
- Click the “Choose File” button to select a CSV file from your computer for upload.
- The “Import Options” section allows you to specify if your CSV has a header row or not and whether or not you’d like to import payroll codes.
- The table’s “File Column” selectors allow you to map your CSV columns to the correct employee attributes… and you can select “Skip” to opt out of any if needed.
- Manually add or modify any employee attributes by clicking into any of the inputs in the table and typing in a new value.
- Click the “Download CSV Template” button on the right-hand side to download a CSV that can be filled out for later import.
- If an employee record in your import file does not have a Payroll Code, or if they have one that does not match one already in use, a new employee record will be created. If an employee record is imported that has a Payroll Code that does match an existing one in FieldClock, the importing record will update the existing one.
FieldClock allows you to save tons of time by importing all of your employee records in one swift go.