General App Settings allow you to change various things such as your device's location mode, generic notes, $0 payouts, and your sign-out interval among others.
App Settings was built with this in mind, which allows you to change FieldClock behavior to match your company specific workflows and processes.
To view the General tab in App Settings, first login to the Admin site and click the “Admin” button from your left-hand navigation menu. Next, click the “Misc.” tab. Then, click the “Edit” button to the right of the “Configuration” header.
- “Location Mode” allows you to choose how FieldClock should track location on your devices. “Required” means the app will not run unless it has a location fix. “Preferred” means the app will continuously request a location fix, but will continue to run if it doesn’t get one. And “Optional” means the app will only ask for a location fix once, but will continue to run regardless.
- “Allow Generic Notes” allows you to choose whether or not generic notes should always be allowed in the FieldClock app, or only if a Note Template is not available.
- “Enable Employee Groups” allows employee group numbers to be assigned to employees, which can be included in payroll export files.
- “Allow $0 Payouts” allows Jobs to be finalized with $0 payouts.
- “Export Password” lets you specify a password to use when performing emergency data exports.
- “Auto Sign-out Interval” allows you to specify an hourly time limit where the app will automatically log users out if that time has passed while the app is not in use.
- “Enable Signout Override” allows you to specify whether or not employees can log out of the app if data has not synced with our servers.
FieldClock allows you to configure our software to fit your exact needs.