The “Note Fields” list is a browsable list of custom note fields. A “Note Field” is a custom input field, such as text, photo, slider, or multiple choice that can be used in FieldClock’s advanced quality control features.
These fields can then be grouped together to create Note Templates, which are quality control notes that are used for specific purposes, such as tracking bruising or the number of leaves and stems in a Bin of apples.
To create a new Note Field, first login to the Admin site and click the “Admin” button from your left-hand navigation menu. Next, click the ‘Notes’ tab. Then, click the “New Note Field” button on the right-hand side of your screen.
- First, “Name” your Note Field. For instance, “Bruising”
- The “Active?” property indicates whether the field is active and available for your users
- The “Comments” input allows you write out a brief description of your Note Field so employees know how to properly use it
- The “Input Type” allows you to specify what type of input the Note Field is, whether a slider, checkbox, text input, or photo - among other choices
- If your “Input Type” allows different options, you can specify those options here. For instance, if it’s Multiple Choice, you’d need to enter the different options, separated by semicolons
Note Fields allow you to create nearly any type of user input for Note Templates, which can be used to capture quality control data in the field. This means more insight into the quality of your products or workflows.